Passive Aggressive Style
The Passive-Aggressive Communication Style, if left unaddressed, can lead to feelings of sadness, resentment, anxiety and anger.
Characteristics of the Passive-Aggressive Style:
- Get your own way without taking responsibility for your actions
- Designed to attack others without ever having to take responsibility for your behaviour
- Aggression is disguised so that we can avoid taking responsibility for it
- Designed to soothe intense anger and get your way without being open and candid; an indirect strategy
- Combines elements of both the passive and the aggressive styles
- The anger of the aggressive style causes you to want to attack, while the fear of the passive style causes your to hold back from being direct
Experiences of the Passive-Aggressive Style:
- Fear that you would be rejected if you were more assertive
- Resentment at the demands of others
- Fear of being confronted
- Self esteem decreases and anxiety increases
- Characterized by shame and guilt of letting others down
- During times of stress, find yourself struggling with emotional regulation and become even more passive-aggressive
- Prone to developing habits that could lead to difficulty managing moods, difficulty making decisions and difficulty navigating your relationships
- Find it hard to say no, set boundaries and practice assertiveness in your relationships
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE CAN HELP.
We work with people just like you, every day that are striving to achieve the life and relationships of their dreams.
We believe that our capacity for happiness, confidence and contribution is tied to our capacity to navigate our relationships.
We get super stoked about helping people improve their quality of life through Authentic Connection.
Want to work with one of our specialized Communication & Relationship Coaches?