The avoidant attachment style, if left unaddressed, can lead to feelings of sadness, loneliness and even overwhelm.
Characteristics of the Avoidant Style:
- Discomfort with emotional closeness
- Feels content interacting on a surface level
- Often unaware of thoughts and feeling
- Often detached from emotions, especially during conflict or stress
- Discomfort in discussing emotions
- Believes it’s better to “let things go”
Experiences of the Avoidant Style:
- Experience yourself as a lone wolf, preferring to be alone than in close emotional connections
- Experience your relationships as empty, unsatisfying and compartmentalized and may become distant when relating to others
- Experience the world as fluctuating lonely and have an overwhelming sense that no one really understands you
- During times of stress, find yourself gravitating more heavily towards a negative mindset, struggling with identifying your emotions and become even more detached
- Find it hard to get close to other and allow others to get close to you
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE CAN HELP.
We work with people every day, just like you, that are striving to achieve the life and relationships of their dreams.
We believe that our capacity for happiness, confidence and contribution is tied to our capacity to navigate our relationships.
We get super stoked about helping people improve their quality of life through Authentic Connection.
Want to work with one of our specialized Relationship Coaches?