The Aggressive Communication Style, if left unaddressed, can lead to feelings of intense anger, resentment, frustration and eventual loneliness.
Characteristics of the Aggressive Style:
- Win at any expense, including at the expense of others
- Achieve and maintain a sense of control over others
- Designed to get what you want immediately
- A way to get even
Behaviours of the Aggressive Style:
- Express your opinions as though any other view is completely unreasonable or invalid
- Dismiss, ignore or insult the needs, wants or opinions of others
- Intimidating others into doing what you want
- Blowing off steam
Experiences of the Aggressive Style:
- Shows up as anger
- Full of victory when you win or are right
- Afterward, there is often a feeling of guilt for hurting others
- Need for power and driven by fear
- Characterized by underlying feelings of guilt (for hurting others) and shame (for not dealing with situations appropriately)
- During times of stress, find yourself struggling with emotional regulation and become even more aggressive
- Prone to developing habits that could lead to difficulty managing moods and difficulty navigating your relationships
- Find it hard to compromise, accept others boundaries and foster intimacy in your relationships
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE CAN HELP.
We work with people just like you, every day that are striving to achieve the life and relationships of their dreams.
We believe that our capacity for happiness, confidence and contribution is tied to our capacity to navigate our relationships.
We get super stoked about helping people improve their quality of life through Authentic Connection.
Want to work with one of our specialized Communication & Relationship Coaches?